31 August 2008

A Valediction


Aimless life's long meander,
Destined to the ultimate tomb,
Arguments can hardly prosper,
An awry mind's desolate tread.

I have grown old for love,
And old for any youthful delight,
But once I had squandered my words,
For a beauty's worthless praise.

Why we men, I do ponder,
Stretch some bonds to eternity,
And pursue with expectations,
Rewards for our solicitude.

An advice for the senseless hearts -
Eternal bonds are bothersome,
And now I've this valedictory rhyme,
For my absurdly affectionate heart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The poet seem to have a lost soul..
and the message this conveys does not seem to be perpetual as it, I assume is a result of the circumstances the poet is in while the poem originated which is prone to change as time pass by.

Related Posts with Thumbnails