08 March 2011

International Women's Day - Celebrating 100 Years


I’ve often wondered why only very few poets, novelists and story-writers have written about their mothers. With such a queer cogitation, I sat up to write a ballad on my mother when I found out that my vocabulary is modest, my imagination rather inferior and my creativity mediocre. It seemed to me that all the words in this world, even if used in their most effective manner, can hardly conjure the true meaning and essence of a mother’s love.

Respect for women should come from this miracle called mother’s love, for in every woman, even in a girl as little as five years, we can find this expression of motherhood. With such a magnificent thought let us celebrate the centenary International Women’s Day today. It is a day where you could express your gratitude to all women who have influenced your life – mother, sisters, wives, friends, colleagues and even mere acquaintances. I am using this occasion to thank all my sisters, friends and colleagues of the fairer gender, my sincere gratitude for all the support and affection you all have given me. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH.

(Image Courtesy: United Nations ESCAP)

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Not every man become so eloquent in giving women their due praise whenever there is an occasion. And even if they do there has to be a special reason like a womens day.

You, on the other hand, are one person who have respect, affection and care for the "fairer gender" even in your day to day life and you've shown the guts to show it as well.

Thank you, Aravind. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails